It was pretty easy to make. I had never made the rosettes before and it took a little practice to figure out how to fold the fabric but once I got the hang of it, it went quickly. The buttons were glued to the center of each flower and I even had enough burlap to make one rosette that I glued on the upper left hand of the wreath. The wreath itself is made from strips of burlap that are pushed through the back of a wire wreath frame. The little bunches of fabric were then secured against the wire frame with needle and thread. A glue gun probably would have been quicker.
|The strips of fabric were about 5" wide.|
After bunching and securing the fabric evenly through the entire wire frame, I picked off all the loose burlap threads so it didn't look too shabby. I found the tutorial for the rosettes here . They didn't turn out too bad.
|Upcycled LL Bean shirt|
I'm finding that a lot of the projects I do are very country looking. I'm not sure I know how to do anything else.